Most of the rules for the Bowmanville Zoo are obvious and common sense. The rules exist to protect the animals, our visitors, and our staff. Please observe all rules, because failure to do so will result in ejection from the park with no refund.
- No plastic bags, saran wrap, straws or animal food from home will be allowed in the park due to the dangers these pose to our animals. All lunches are to be prepared litter less, in wax paper or Tupperware style containers. This will be strictly enforced. The safety of our animals is our main priority. Picnic lunches may not be eaten in the patio or restaurant area; there are plenty of picnic tables for use on a first come basis. There is no cooking/barbecuing allowed in the park, nor will food items be allowed past the bridge. There is storage for coolers and knapsacks at the rear of the Gift Shop.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be brought onto zoo property.
- Bowmanville Zoo is a non-smoking park. You may leave the zoo to smoke and re-enter with your admission receipt.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Unruly behavior and/or profanity will not be tolerated.
- Visitors cannot feed the animals except where explicitly indicated and then only within the parameters stated.
- For the safety of the zoo animals as well as your own, family pets are not permitted within the zoo.
Bowmanville Zoo Rain Cheques come into effect when it rains continuously for one hour during park operating hours.
How do you claim your Bowmanville Zoo Rain Cheque?
When leaving Bowmamville Zoo, visit the Gift Shop at the Entrance to the zoo to exchange your receipt for a Rain Cheque. The Rain Cheque must be claimed on date of original visit up to one hour before the park closes and is valid for any one visit during the 2015 operating season. After Labor Day weekend your Rain Cheque will be valid for 2015 or 2016.