Activities and lessons created by Ontario teachers for Ontario students
- 100 percent Ontario Curriculum
- Great learning tools – parents and children, as well as out of province children, can participate!
- Free Teacher Coupon to visit zoo when teachers register online. Register for free and gain access to our curriculum based activities.
- Respect, Responsibility, Real Experiences and Relationships are the Bowmanville Zoo’s 4 Rs
- “People learn best through experience” – Piaget (Experience Before Cognition)
- Biodiversity is the key to success in any ecosystem. The more diversity in an environment, the more crossbeams there are for species survival. Less impact equals more time for conservational efforts to take hold, in a world where time, though technically constant, is being overwhelmed by the speed of modern life.
- Learning about ecosystems and the natural world is one step in appreciating and protecting our global heritage. Personal connection and interaction with plants and animals is imperative in accelerating the determination of students to conserve and protect wild spaces and species. As living creatures that have so much direct impact on the global environment, we have a responsibility to learn how to be sustaining members of the biosphere.
Click Below to see Grade Level Programs